Mark Optics is more than just another industrial optics manufacturing company.
We are a fast paced, rapidly growing industry leader and pioneer in integrated optical components and wafer products. We are committed to overcoming technical challenges and achieving real innovation through a relentless, highly creative team that takes pride in making our customers happy. A great opportunity is only as far as your closest computer. Send your resume for immediate consideration. Through diversity, we find strength to succeed: Mark Optics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To see our currently available opportunities below or to submit your resume for future openings by contacting
Lily Sandoval 714-545-6684
Manufacturing Manager – Hands On – Custom Optics, Santa Ana, CA
Mark Optics is a contract manufacturer specializing in precision optical components, substrates, wafers, and coverslips. Our niche is polishing ultra-thin wafers and substrates. We offer full, in-house, production capabilities. This includes CNC machining, ingot slicing, coring, lapping, and polishing of optical materials. We are a small, agile company that works with integrity and a high level of autonomy.
The Manufacturing Manager has a high-level of technical expertise and is responsible for the development and improvement of manufacturing processes by analyzing and evaluating product and manufacturing methodology. They will have substantial experience in the fabrication of visible, IR and UV optical components. This individual’s goals will be to make improvements to current processes as
well as introduce new ideas and processes that will improve shop flow and quality expectations. The individual will be responsible for testing, training, and continual monitoring of work processes. They must be detail oriented, able to communicate clearly and strong documentation capabilities. Manager will oversee up to 10 employees.
- Salary negotiable- depending on experience, Retirement Plan, Health Insurance,
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday pay.
- Sign on bonus $5,000K
• Streamline current manufacturing processes for maximum flow and yield
• Cross training, new process implementation and documentation
• Responsible for communicating daily flow through shop
• Support overall production with hands on experience
• Introduce and help procure new machinery and train
• Participate in preparing accurate quotes for new products
• Communicate with customers, suppliers and employees regarding quality issues and concerns
• Works closely with operations manager
• Able to develop detailed work instructions/routings/BOM
• Works with ISO 9001-2008 quality systems
• The candidate will have a BSME (mechanical / manufacturing) preferred, plus 5 years of proven optical fabrication experience.
• Candidates will be considered without a degree but must have a minimum of 10 years of proven optical fabrication experience.
• Individual will have supervisory skills
• Experience in QA methodologies are required, such as measurement devices like micrometers, optical spherometer, interferometer (Zygo & Apre), depth gages, and optical magnification systems such as an optical comparator, microscopes, and CMM.
• Competent in all mathematic operations demanded by optical component fabrication.
• Complex problem analysis and the use of scientific method for resolution.
• CAD / Solid Works per ANSI / ASME Y14 a plus
• Hands On knowledge of optical fabrication equipment and machinery.
• Working knowledge of CNC processes and machinery.
• Working knowledge of optical component features.
• Hands On knowledge of optical materials. This includes optical, chemical, thermal, and mechanical properties of materials used in the manufacturing process.
• Hands On knowledge of polishing compounds and abrasives.
• Working knowledge of chemical interaction with optical material.
• Use of computers for engineering, MRP / ERP, inventory, and company communication.
• Design, document, and build production tooling.